JSV – International Assistant Service s.r.o.
JSV International Assistant Service s.r.o.
Executive Personal Assistant and Consultant
Add to favorite
- Schedule Your “personal” time
- At the beginning of each month and week make appointments in your calendar
for things in your life that don’t relate to work. Just like you wouldn’t be
late for a meeting with your boss, you shouldn’t be late for dinner with your
- Align Your schedule with Your priorities
- Most business professionals are extremely busy, but all too many spend their
time doing the wrong things. What sets successful people apart is the way they
prioritize what to do during limited time.
- Plan ahead
- Planning ahead and scheduling time for your own work, it is imperative that
you plan ahead if you need to schedule an appointment with someone else. Even if
you don’t have the agenda or the location for the meeting nailed down you can
send out a meeting request placeholder that you later update with more detailed
- Schedule time for things that take time !
- Many business professionals only have appointments in their calendar for
meetings. The calendar should help you manage your time, so it’s important
that you enter everything that takes time. You should also schedule time to
prepare for meetings (any material you need to read through or presentation you
need to prepare), for getting to and from meetings and following up after
meetings (sending out meeting minutes, etc.)
- Mark and categorize all Your appointments – confirmed or not !
- A good way to get a quick overview at a glance of how you are spending your
time is by using color-coded categories in Microsoft Outlook. You can of course
also use this for more in depth analysis if you export your calendar to
Microsoft Excel. By just looking at your calendar week by week you can see if
you are allocating your time on the right priorities.